Dental Benefits

ONCE APPROVED under the Treatment Benefit Scheme, the Department pays the full cost of an oral examination once a year. The examination is provided by private dentists who are on a Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection's panel. Lists of dentists on the panel are available in the Department's offices. Most dentists are on the panel so you should not have any difficulty finding one. The dentist or the Department will have the application forms. These forms require details such as your Personal Public Service Number (PPSN). If you are a dependent spouse or civil partner, you should give the PPSN of the insured person.

How to apply

You will need to fill out form D1 if you are applying for dental services under the Treatment Benefit Scheme (form D2 if you are a dependent spouse, civil partner or cohabitant). There are forms are available at our reception, where we can also assist in determining you eligibility.